We are reminding all staff and students to follow CDC recommendations to prevent any respiratory virus which are to:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick.
- Cough or sneeze into an elbow or use a tissue and place immediately in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
In addition to our usual vigilant efforts to maintain clean and healthy schools, our school nurses carefully monitor our students for symptoms. Additionally, Minersville Area School District is taking extra precautionary measures as follows:
- Disinfecting desks, door knobs, school bus seats, phones and all public areas each evening
- Increasing the availability of hand sanitizer (all high use areas already have wall-mounted stations)
- Posting flyers throughout public areas and restrooms about how to (Stop the Prevention of Germs PDF Download)