Spelling- Study Unit 3 Week 5 words.
Reading- Read story in little book pg 246, "They've Got the Beat!" and study vocab.
Math- Do homework paper. Money paper- counting pennies only.
Spelling- Friday, January 31st
Grammar- Friday, January 31st
Reading Skill and Selection - Thursday, January 30th
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor's of Elementary Education Master's in Curriculum and Education
Mrs. Jaclyn Purcell
Welcome to 2A!!!
My name is Mrs. Jaclyn Purcell and this is my 20th year teaching in the Minersville Area School District. I received my Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education from Penn State. I also received my Master's degree in Curriculum and Education from Penn State. I am looking forward to having an amazing year in second grade! Please feel free to contact me with any questions and/or concerns throughout the year.
Math- Topic 8 Work with Time and Money
Genre: Expository Text
1. Little Book: They've Got the Beat!
2. Big Book: Many Ways to Enjoy Music and A Musical Museum
Grammar: Combining and rearranging sentences
1. cheered- shouted with happiness
2. concert- a musical program
3. instrument- an object that makes music
4. movements- acts of motion
5. music- a group of sounds that make a song
6. rhythm- the repeating of sounds in order
7. sounds- things that can be heard
8. understand- to know or get the meaning