There will be an Open House at STC (both the North and South Campuses) on Wednesday, March 6, 2024 from 6-8pm. Interested students and their parents can attend.
Spring Open House Flyer
Freshman met with an STC representative in January 2024. Freshman visited both South and North Campuses on January 25, 2024.
Please visit this website to find the application for the 2024-25 school year. Minersville Area School District only has a certain number of available slots for students in each shop each year. Acceptance to a program is not guaranteed.
Click here for the 2024-2025 Schuylkill Technology Centers Application
Minersville's deadline for 2024-25 applications must be submitted online to guidance by Friday, February 9, 2024 to allow processing time.
After the slots have been filled, the remaining applicants will be placed on the waiting list. Late applicants will also be placed on the waiting list.
In addition, Emerging Health Professions dual enrollment program is an option for upcoming seniors.
Schuylkill Technology Center is excited to announce this continual opportunity for Schuylkill County youth interested in the medical field. The Emerging Health Professional is a partnership between Penn State Schuylkill, Lehigh Health Network System, St Luke’s/ Geisinger and other medical facilities. The Emerging Health Professional is a dual-enrollment program combines skills-based, interactive and university level classroom learning with shadowing in the health care setting. The program is designed to prepare students for post-secondary education by offering college science course.
Students spend two half-days a week with Penn State faculty and will spend two half-days a week participating in activities at either Lehigh Valley Health Network, St. Luke’s, Geisinger/ St. Luke’s or other health care facility. Students spend one half day a week participating in health curriculum taught by the STC instructor at STC North Campus.
This program is available to seniors only and is limited to 24 participates.
Students who want to apply must:
• Attend a participating Schuylkill County school district
• Be entering their senior year
• Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or better
• Have completed one year of high school biology and chemistry with a grade of 3.0 or better
• Have an excellent attendance record
• Have written recommendations from a high school guidance counselor and one chemistry or biology teacher
• Successfully complete an interview
- Tuition: Students are responsible for the cost of all PSU college credits and any additional fees which may include required textbooks, fees, etc. Penn State Schuylkill offers a 50% tuition reduction.
• Transportation: Participants are responsible for their own transportation to all sites, including but not limited to Penn State Schuylkill and within the Lehigh Valley Health Network and St. Luke’s.
Penn State Schuylkill (PSU) offers students a total of eight college credits. The fall semester course is BIOL 161: Human Anatomy and Physiology I – Lecture plus Lab. The spring semester course credit includes BIOL 163: Human Anatomy and Physiology II – Lecture plus Lab. The courses are taught by doctorate and master’s level-science faculty.
Emerging Health Professionals students will be exposed to a variety of shadowing, simulation and other educational opportunities with medical facilities throughout the county. Students will be provided with a number of presentations and experiential learning experiences from masters and doctoral educated staff.
EHP OPEN HOUSE FLYER FEB 29, 2024