Math Curriculum (Feb. through June):
* Time to hour and half-hour.
* Represent and interpret data.
* Extend counting sequence.
* Place value.
* Compare two digit numbers
* Use models and strategies to add tens and ones.
* Use models and strategies to subtract tens.
* Shapes and attributes.
* Equal shares.
* Step -up to 2nd grade.
Reading Curriculum (Feb. through June):
* ABC order to second letter.
* Phoneme isolation, awareness, blending, segmentation, awareness, deletion.
* End blends.
* Comprehension: visualize, key details, ask and answer questions.
* Fluency: phrasing,expression, intonation.
* Make/confirm predictions.
* Character, setting, events.
* Genre: fantasy, fiction, nonfiction, folktale, nonfiction, informational text.
* Main topic and details.
* Word categories.
* Open/closed syllables.
* Inflectional endings.
* Compound words.
Spelling Curriculum (Feb. through June):
* Long a: ai, ay, a.
* Long e: e, ee, ea and ie.
* Long o: o, oo.
* Long i: i, y, igh, ie.
* Long e: y, ey.
* Ur: er, ir, ur, or.
* Or: or, ore, oar.
* Dipthings: ou, ow, oi, oy.
* Variant vowels: /u/, /o/.
* Silent letters: kn, wr, gn.
* Three letter blends: str, spl, scr, spr, thr, shr.
Grammar Curriculum (Feb. through June):
* Nouns - singular and plural, common and proper.
* Commas in a series.
* Apostrophes with contractions.
* Possessive nouns.
* Irregular plurals.
Writing Curriculum (Feb. through June):
* Seasonal themes - President's Day, Spring, Easter, Mother's Day.
* Book reports.
* Simple letter.